Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Today I Made pickles!!

Today I started to make pickles using my own cucumbers!!
Now I have to wait 3-4 days before trying them. I have had a note on my kitchen cabinet for quite some time; the note said:
"look into pickling"


Since my cucumber plants have really started producing I figured I'd better get to pickle investigating. Thankfully the Lord loves that I procrastinate so He made sure I watched the Martha Stewart show last week where they...
dun, dun-na-nahhh...
pickles!!

Enjoy these photos, recipe link at end of photos.
(All photos are taken with my LG Zenon, camera phone- oh to have a real camera)

Introducing... Journey of the Cucumber





Soaked cucs in ice water, gathered my ingredients.

Soaked cucs in pickling mixture, placed a small plate on the top to keep them under water; sealed the whole thing with saran wrap.
Recipe link is here, I will post pictures when pickles are ready to eat!!

2 comments:

Bev said...

In 1984 I created my first garden. Approx 20' x 20', we had watermellon, canalope, greenbeans, cucumbers (sweet Pickles) corn, peppers, squash. Really enjoyed that time. Did this for 3 yrs and then the boys got so involved in church and school activities, so bye, bye gardening. Would love to have garden boxes now in the yard. Project for hubby???? Michelle, thanks for the great pics and blog on your activities.

Michelle said...

Thanks Bev, funny I began gardening when the kids needed me less. It surly is a learning experience. Thanks for reading.