Friday, October 23, 2009

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

This recipe came in from my friend Kelly.
I have made my changes in red

3 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Can of Campbell's Condensed cheese soup
1 can Enchilada sauce
1-2 cups of cheese
Sour Cream
1 tomato
1 package of 10 soft tacos
1 package of taco seasoning ( I buy the big one at Sams as we use alot of it throughout a year, and for $4-5, you get your moneys worth!!)

I Crockpot the chicken breast on low heat all day while I am at work. Come home shred it, put it in a pan, use a package of taco seasoning and a cup of water and let it simmer while I get the enchilada sauce ready. Once it cooks through, about 15 minutes, add the can of cheese soup along with 1/2 cup of water. Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
Dip the tacos in enchilada sauce, I did not understand what this meant so I waited and skipped this step, put a couple spoonfuls of the chicken mixture and roll it like an enchilada. I use a 10x13 and can make 10 nicely. Once done, pour enchilada sauce evenly over rolled stuffed tacos then spread the cheese over it and bake 15 minutes at 350 to heat through and melt the cheese.
Serve with Mexican rice or beans and add the tomatoes and sour cream as garnishments

Success with family! Thanks Kelly!

No comments: