Monday, February 20, 2012

A Season Ending

Yesterday I handed the grocery budget over to my daughter-in-law Sarah.
It has been 18 and a half years of cooking and meal planning for my family and now this season in my life has come to an end.


While some seasons end with a sad or heavy heart this one is welcomed with a joyful heart!


I like coming up with creative Family Night meals but the actual cooking part-- not so much my favorite.


Actually,
I could say I do not like cooking at all.
I've always said if I could I'd hire a cook.
I'll do laundry,
dishes,
clean floors and bathrooms;
but cooking...
not so much my favorite.


Baking I like enjoy, cooking :/


Now I will be responsible for 2 nights a week.
Wednesday and Sunday, so I'm not off the hook all together,
I can do anything I don't like for only 2 nights a week.


So no more Meal Plan Mondays--
hip, hip, horray!


What's your least favorite daily, household duty?

3 comments:

Superhero Mom said...

Congratulations on passing the baton! (or the wooden spoon)..lol!

Allison Reynolds said...

I must admit that I don't like cooking...but I think it's because I have to do so much of it. Enjoy your nights off...maybe one of those free nights we can meet and enjoy a meal together! And yeah for Sarah...may she enjoy this new season too!

Anonymous said...

Cleaning the shitters.